Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sanctify by Colee Firman

Sanctify by Colee Firman 5 stars


Sanctify (Unbinding Fate, #2)Goodreads synopsis The Overseer’s Stone is destroyed and all of the Scattered Akori are back. That’s exactly what Addy wanted. The part she didn’t bargain for was being swept away, landing in a fascinating world just under the surface of her own. 
The search for a way back to Tremain proves to be a monumental task, with a roadblock at every turn. Unimaginable secrets from the past unravel, leaving Addy wondering if there’s anyone she can really trust. 
Will mistakes from Eva and Andrew’s past be the end of them all? Old enemies resurface, forcing Addy and Tanner to make impossible decisions that will change everything.
I absoultely loved this book. It was SOOOO good. I couldnt decide between Tanner and Gage. I fell in love with Jax and I finally like Juliette. Amazing.

Overview: This book was amazing. I could not put this book down. I didnt love the first book, so when it ended with a teaser I was not happy. I didnt REALLY want to read the 2nd book. But I was bored and decided to start the sample. And before I knew it, it was 2 am and I was so immersed I couldnt move until I was done with the book. I absolutely loved this one. I found myself liking the characters a lot more too. There was more depth and understanding to all of them. I liked the story line too, except for the ending which was a total twist! I cannot wait until the next book is out.
Addy

Cover: Pretty I dont like the cover people
Rating: PG 13
Overall: Loved it!
Characters:  Jax; Gage; Tanner; and Addy 
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: YES
Book Boyfriend: Gage and Tanner 
Genre: Paranormal/Sci-Fi Young Adult/New Adult 
Sex Scenes: No
Setting: Earth/Florida and inner layer of Earth (not sure how to explain)

Plot- This book was much better than the last one. I REALLY loved this. I finished it in one sitting on a Saturday night! I know lame. But I was Really into it. :-) I think the plot pace was much better, the events moved along at a more appropriate speed and things seemed to always be happening even when "nothing" was really happening. It felt as though each scene had a purpose, whether it was now or later in the book. It was VERY fun to read and I was dying by the end of the book. I was devastated that the book came to an end and the cliff hanger! So not okay. I only have to wait a few weeks, which makes me feel better. I think the plot also grew. There was movement, it wasnt just a good plot, it moved you along, and made you want more, to read further and to find out what happens. AWESOME BOOK. 
Tanner

Characters-
Gage
 I actually liked this book way more than the last one! It wasnt just the plot, which moved along at a better pace. It was the characters. I felt like I got to know the characters better in this book. I enjoyed getting to know Tanner better, even though Im still missing a piece of him, I loved getting to know Jax and Juliette, better, and seeing a bit more of who they are. I thin most of all though I liked Addy more. In the first book I found her immature and at times annoying, but I think she really grew into her own in the book, She is stronger and more sure of herself. Her personality is more alive in this book, whereas in the last she was trying to figure out who she was and has too many questions. Now, the questions relate more to her past and her future rather than who she is a person. Her relationships also changed, with everyone. She is more sure of herself more confident and more of a leader. She is strong willed and determined, but a lover and a caring woman. Her relationship with Gage changes, which is saddening. I dont know who I want her to be with. Tanner or Gage. I feel like with Tanner she has more of a connection, but I dont like him, I think she is too needy with him. Whereas with gage, I feel like she is missing a little bit of the connection which is just due to the time they spent apart and he is a better match for her. Its hard to say though. I cant wait for the next book to find out what will become of all these relationships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment