Sunday, May 12, 2013

Crush by Nicole Williams

Crush by Nicole Williams 2.5 Stars (book three if Crash Series)

Crush (Crash, #3)Goodreads synopsis: Football glory. A giant diamond. A wandering eye.
Jude and Lucy are happily engaged . . . but that doesn't mean life's a bed of roses.
Once again, Jude and Lucy are torn apart by football training and a summer job that creates new tensions. This time Jude's the one with trust issues. Will Lucy's life-changing news bring them back together or end their relationship for good? Can love triumph forever

Cover: Pretty and Fitting
Rating: pg13
Overall: A Good ending to a decent series
Characters: Jude, Lucy, Holly Thomas, Anton
Page Turner: No
Series Cont.? Last in Series
Recommend: Only if you've read the other
Book Boyfriend: Jude
Genre: New Adult Romance
Sex Scenes:  Yes
Setting: College NY and San Diego 

OverallIt was a good ending to the series, but a little bit of a disappointment, it felt like it was a lengthy novel to finish what could have been done in a couple chapters at the end of the last book. But nonetheless I was entertained, but only because Id read the others. 

I found Lucy annoying this round, she was more immature and after skipping ahead 3 years I dont understand why she was so selfish and immature. 


The writing was good, descriptive and enthralling at times. it was also more mature in the plot than the other books. 

Characters- I love Jude. He is quite the handsome, protective man, hes sweet and loving but he's got a temper, which sometimes gets him in trouble but has managed to land him a job with the NFL. I think Jude has grown a lot over the course of the three books. I like this Jude a lot. He obviously wants what is best for Lucy and is willing to do whatever takes. Even though he makes a few mistakes along the way, I still think he is a great guy. Lucy on the other hand does not deserve Jude. I found her voice annoying. She put herself in bad situations and for her age didnt seem to be able to be alone or do anything on her own. She is quite dependent. Her lack of willingness to do some of the simple things were annoying as well. Honestly, I just dont like her in this book. I really liked her in book 1 and 2, I loved her feisty behavior and the love she showed for Jude, but I just didnt feel the same in this one. It felt like she was dependent and not her own woman anymore. 
Photo
Plot--I was disappointed in many things this time around. First, I was really annoyed with the characters, some of whom seemed to come and go, were out of place, and for their age, extremely irritating. I found myself skipping parts or skimming because I was so annoyed. I did not like the Anton/Lucy situation, nor do I think that type of thing was appropriate for this book. I found the plot stretched and contrived. It seemed like the author was trying to find something, anything to write about to finish the love story, but I found that the plot was really odd. What junior gets drafted to the NFL? You couldnt wait until their senior year? Or what about the ending? Was that supposed to be the end so you had to make everything happen while still in school? I dont think thats necessary either...I honestly wanted to love this book. But unfortunately, I just wasnt feeling it. I will say there are times I like the book, of course I was happy with the outcome as well. But much of the middle was not enjoyable to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment