Saturday, May 4, 2013

Deeper We Fall Chelsea Cameron

Deeper We Fall by Chelsea Cameron- 3.5 Stars

Deeper We Fall (Fall and Rise, #1)
Add caption
SynopsisTwo years after her best friend was involved in a car accident that caused a traumatic brain injury, Lottie Anders is ready to start her freshman year of college. Ready to move on. Ready to start forgetting the night that ripped her life apart.
Her plans come to a screeching halt when not one, but both brothers responsible for the accident end up back in her life again.
Zack is cruel, selfish and constantly rubbing what happened to her friend in Lottie's face. 
Zan is different. He listens to her awkward ramblings. He loves "To Kill a Mockingbird" as much as she does, and his dark eyes are irresistible. His words are few and far between, but when he does speak, she can't help but listen. 
The trouble is, Zan was the driver in the accident, and now Lottie's discovered he lied to her about what happened that night. Now she must decide if trusting him again will lead to real forgiveness, or deeper heartache


Add caption
Cover:Eh, could be better
Rating: PG13
Overall: Pretty good. 
Characters: Zan, Zack, Will, Lottie, Katie and Stryker
Plot: Boy with a heavy past falls for the girl who past is dark because of him, and a relationship builds as they learn together to forgive
Page Turner: Not really
Series Cont.? Kinda
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Zan!
Genre: Romance 
Sex Scenes: Yes 


Add caption
Overall- I really enjoyed reading this book. I thought it was a good spin on an old story. I like the building relationships between the different characters. None of the relationships just happen, those types of stories bug me. Chelsea Cameron is a wonderful writer, I read My Favorite Mistake and it is one of my favorite books, she has a way about making you fall in love with her characters, as you dont even realize that.

Plot- I think the plot is pretty good, its different from the normal. Where the characters have a past that is dark, and help each other heal, instead these two have a shared morbid history. A tragic accident. The beginning moved slow. And while I enjoyed this book, it wasnt something that really pulled on my heart strings like Cameron's last book, My Favorite Mistake So even though the book was good, it was not a book, where I couldnt put it down for a second without knowing what was going to happen next. I really liked the characters but personally didnt feel their effect on me, I couldnt personally relate. Cameron has another book, Faster we Burn, which is a follow up stand alone to this book, that I havent read, but I probably will, however it isnt something where I feel the need to read it like Reason to Breath series.

What made this book good was also the lesson that the reader learns from reading. This book is truly about forgiveness and accepting that accidents happen, sometimes blame cannot make up for that, nothing you do can change events of the past. Accepting that is important, and I loved that the message, came through without explicitly stating it. I love that the characters all build a relationship with one another. No one immediately beings ANY relationship. I was surpirsed with the turn of events at the end, and I was a little let down with the ending, as it felt unfinished. I would have preferred a little better of an ending, but Im happy the story will semi continue.

Characters-
Lottie
 I really liked Lottie, more so at the beginning than at the end, because she is strong, and tough on the outside, but extremely loyal, caring, and loving on the inside, opening up to only those she trusts. Which seems more of a natural way of living given her story and background. I like that we see her learn and understand the people around her, learning to accept the uncontrollable, and forgive those who only did what they could.

Zan
I LOVE Zan. He is the silent brooding type, with a dark history but a lot of love and a lot of guilt. Guilt eats at him, for his mistakes, the mistakes of others, the uncontrollable factors in life that he wishes he could change. His passion though for Lottie is what makes me love him. He is so incredibly loyal to her even though she screams at him and looks at him with such hatred. Hes loves her even though he has no chance. Its the doomed love story. But this one is a good twist. And Zan is just such a loving guy, ugh. Hes amazing. I want one of my own!!!


The love story- this love story builds. The relationships build, nothing is immediate, and I love the way Ms. Cameron created her story instead of just making it happen. She builds upon every moment until youre sucked in an you realize wow, Im halfway through the book and I just "lost" hours of my life. Woah. Haha thats what happened to me. Looking back, the truth is the story intrigued me, but it didnt PULL me. And there is a difference. I was pulled into her other book, I COULDNT put it down until I knew what happened. This book I needed to finish but could take my time and enjoy the story. Which made it all the better.

I absolutely adore Ms. Camerons writing and will certainly continue to read her work!!


No comments:

Post a Comment