Friday, March 1, 2013

New to All This

So...I'm pretty new to all this, but thought I'd give it a try to get some exposure and do something different. 

I don't really know what I'm doing, or how to do this, and while I appreciate the feedback, try not to be too critical of  me as I get more familiar and comfortable with this stuff.

As my first post I'll just tell you a little bit about what I plan to "Blog" about. Basically, I intend to post book reviews (I read mostly chick-lit/contemporary romance/young adult romance and dystopian novels), Ill also write about movies, and TV shows that I've watched, and Ill post some of my favorite recipes or new recipes that I like. I may make some other blog post regarding other random things in life...and just see where this blog takes me!

Here it goes:
So I absolutely love cooking, actually I like baking more but since my boyfriend doesn't eat all the sweets I make, I try to do more cooking than baking. If I'm cooking though I'm usually a lazy cook, which means I use the crock pot, its pretty much my kitchen staple. I love making pulled pork, mac and cheese, tortilla soup, or roasting a full chicken in the crock pot. If I'm not using the crock pot then I'm likely making one of two other things, breakfast or pasta. I know tons of pasta recipes, but apparently my boyfriend gets a little sick of pasta, so I usually have to come up with something new to make, and he is always my guinea pig! As for breakfast I love french toast. So I'm going to share with you my favorite french toast recipe! It is absolutely amazing, if you like french toast you will fall in love with this new twist. This recipe is quite sweet, but its ooey gooey goodness.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 Cup brown sugar
Challah Bread (Or whatever kind of bread you have handy, its better if its thicker though)
4 eggs
1 Cup Milk
1/2 cup cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Additional Optional ingredients -
Almonds or Sliced Apples (or both)

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 F
1) Melt Butter and add brown sugar, stir until mixed.
2) spread mixture into a 9x13 pan
3) Mix eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon.
4) Lay a single layer of challah bread on top of the butter/brown sugar mixture
5) Spoon 1/2 the egg mixture over the bread layer
6) If youre doing the almonds or apples place a layer of sliced apples or sliced alonds on top of the bread.
7) sprinkle with cinnamon
8) Lay a 2nd layer of the bread on top of the 1st.
9) Pour remaining mixture over the 2nd layer of bread
If you're doing almond/apples you can place another layer here
10) Sprinkle with cinnamon
You can cover and chill over night (I never remember or have time for this step!)
11) Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for 30 minutes)
Serve and Enjoy!!!

                                  After mixing the brown sugar and butter spread into 9x13 pan



             This is the finished product before putting it in the oven! I topped it with sugar and cinnamon

Finished Product!


Served with powdered sugar and syrup! Yummy!!!

I hope you enjoy my first post! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment