Sunday, March 24, 2013

Caged by Sophie Davis


Caged (Talented Saga #2)

Caged By Sophie Davis (Talented Saga Book 2) 4 Stars


Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I was reading as fast I could to find out who the traitor was and what was wrong with Talia, and generally speaking I wasnt disappointed and Sophie Davis didnt fail to deliver yet again. I am so excited to start the next book, I almost didnt take the time to write this review!

Synopsis (Goodreads):After her brush with death at Ian Crane’s compound, Talia Lyons feels like a prisoner, confined in her childhood home. Plagued with seizures- the result of an unidentified drug injected in her neck by Crane’s men- Talia must put her dream of becoming a Hunter on hold. So when Agency Director McDonough asks Talia to go undercover at the School for the Talented, to find the spy who set the trap for her in Nevada, Talia jumps at the opportunity. 
Talia
As Talia becomes more entrenched in her assignment, she quickly learns the lengths that the Agency and Mac will go in the name of war. With Crane’s influence spreading, Talia learns that there are few Operatives without ties to the Coalition. Forced to face hard truths and dangerous conclusions, Talia realizes that it is those closest to her who are hiding the biggest secrets. As the task of finding the traitor becomes more problematic, desperation and frustration rule Talia’s world. It becomes clear that Talia can’t do this alone. But who can she trust, when everyone around her is lying?




Erik
 Character Development and Plot Line - I felt that there was something missing in the development of the characters and the stories associated with them. At the end of the book I was left with more questions than I started with, and while part of that is what keeps me reading and wanting to finish the next book, the other part of me is annoyed that some questions from book 1 havent been answered and questions that were forefront in this book werent answered. Donovan's character was one of the better developed characters here, as the reader you get to see him transform from who he was to a better man, who may still have secrets, but is trying to be better especially by Talia. I think we also get to know Erik better, we see him transform into a nice guy, without being overly romantic but a subtle change as his feelings for Talia intensify. Im most disappointed by Penny and Talia. I dont think Talia grew as a character overall in this book. Her ability to control did not seem to get better, and her immaturity still got the best of her (Though thats also what helps her). Penny I felt like I didnt learn much about her at all, and maybe I will in the next book, but as of now, Im still confused as to who she is as a person, as a character. I wont even get started on Mac because he annoys me the most, Talia doesnt stand up to him and his mischievous ways and it bugs me, she stands up to everyone but him! Regardless of all the above, I was highly entertained by the novel, the action, the drama, the lies!!! It kept me moving through the book, ignoring the world around me in order to find out what happened!!
Donovan

Penny
The author did not disappoint. She continued to write and imaginative as the first book. Again, I felt that the story line moved at the appropriate speed, there wasnt much "left out" meaning, I felt like whatever she didnt write to close it off, was on purpose (I guess Ill find out soon!) and I was impressed with how alive her scenes and the feelings she wrote came alive. I enjoyed that the characters relationships built over time, and not in one instant or scene. I enjoyed that she made sure that every detail was included so that the reader gets the full picture from Talia's perspective. I truly enjoy her writing and look forward to more of her books!




No comments:

Post a Comment