Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lucid by PT Michelle

Lucid by PT Michelle 3.5 STARS


Synopsis:
Once Nara combines her prophetic ability with Ethan’s power to outsmart Fate at his own deadly cat-and-mouse game, she’s more determined than ever to help Ethan learn the meaning behind the raven sword tattoo that suddenly appeared on his back after their confrontation with Fate. During her quest to uncover the tattoo’s secrets, Nara enlists the help of some new friends and discovers her own surprising connection to Ethan.
While Nara digs deeper into the mystery, her desire for answers leads her down a dangerous path full of powerful and ruthless enemies. Swept into an age-old battle, Nara quickly learns that keeping one’s enemies close can be a necessary evil, making an intangible enemy she can control far more preferable to the human enemies she can’t.

Overall- Generally I enjoyed the book. But I didnt love it. And honestly, I was somewhat disappointed and let down. The plot and characters just didnt develop enough for me in the 2nd installment. But I nonetheless enjoyed the overall plot and goal of the book and look forward to the next installment. 

Cover: Pretty 
Rating: PG
Overall: Intriguing
Characters: Nara and Ethan and Drystan and  Matt and Lainey
Page Turner: At times 
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: If already reading the series 
Book Boyfriend: Ethan
Genre: Paranormal Young adult 
Sex Scenes: Nope
Setting: High School in VA


Ethan Logan Lerman

Plot--The plot in the book didnt excite me as much as the 1st book, looking back part of the problem is that i didnt really know what the plot was for half the book! This book felt like it was long and dragged on for too long. I was confused as to where Ethan was, and what he was doing, it constantly felt like something was missing from that part of the story.  Mainly this story was about looking for anything that has to do with Ravens to help explain the tattoo on Ethan, except I didnt feel like I was learning anything or that progress was being made. I enjoyed the introduction of Drystan, but I didnt like Harper, I thought her placement and role was awkward, and didnt feel normal. By the end of the book Im intrigued again and interested, wanting to devour the book, but that wasnt until about 70 percent of the way through. As a follow up novel I was disappointed, too much plot building not enough movement. But overall, by the end of the book I was interested and wanted more. It just took me a while to get there. 

Characters--
Nara Ashley Benson
I like Nara. I think she is an interesting character, her devotion and loyalty to those she loves is really   beautiful. I think her curiosity and naivety can get the best of her at times, but that seems typical of a 16 year old! I think her relationship with Lainey, Aunt Sage, Drystan and her mother all develop well in this installment. However her relationship with Ethan seemed more than stagnant and she didnt seem to really grow as a character. Though she was willing to accept a bit more, and she was questioning, it also seemed like she was missing a bit of that in her own personal life. Such as "what was happening with her dad"; "who is this harper person and why is she everywhere..." and "why does drystan want to help me?" By the end of the book, Im relieved that things have come to a head as they did, and intrigued intensely with what will happen in the next book. 


Ethan
Ethan- I didnt like Ethan in this book. Maybe its because he wasnt in it that much. I felt like there was so much missing from his point. I would have liked this book in dual pov's. Ethan and Naras so that we could learn about him. Seeing as this book dragged, it probably would have helped develop his character, his relationship with Nara and his purpose overall. Im happy with the way things ended with him (kinda) but still perplexed at some of his "activities." Oh Well. 


Drystan
Drystan- I liked Drystan a lot. He was sweet, kind, flirty, and endearing. He was always looking out for Nara. What I didnt understand was why. What was his "connection" to her. It felt like they had this immediate un-explainable connection, and I kept waiting for them to figure out more, and it didnt happen. I like that he was so caring without expecting anything. Not that normal for a young guy but still I like him!

Lainey Bella Thompson
Lainey- She was so much more of a front runner in this book and I enjoyed getting to know her. She was sweet and friendly and her character definitely developed. I didnt like that she wasnt that interested in figuring out the issues with Nara (pressing her for what was really going on) she frequently just accepted the weird things. But she also maintained her friendship on a bigger level. She was always concerned and interested in Nara life and well being and for that I think she did a good job at being a friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment