Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ambrosia by Erin Noelle

Ambrosia by Erin Noelle --3.5 STARS

Ambrosia (Book Boyfriend, #2)Synopsis:
After coming to terms with the tragedy that rocked her world, Scarlett MacGregor has returned to try to pick up the pieces of the broken relationships that she left behind.
Ash and Mason were left devastated and heartbroken following Scarlett’s sudden, unannounced departure. They are both ready and willing to forgive her and welcome her back into their lives with open arms. However, a lot can happen in 8 months… 
Scarlett must learn to overcome the obstacles thrown in her path to prevent the past from repeating itself. Can she learn to fly with her own wings and discover the secret to eternal love?

description
Overall- While generally liked the book, I was a bit annoyed with this one. I liked the ending and I recognized that the plot is still moving forward, but I was also annoyed with some of the events that occured. Not to give anything away but I felt that some of the choices that Scarlett made were unreal, then again, I also realize that I may have acted the same way at her age...I will of course keep reading, but this book reminded me A LOT of the book Torn/Twisted, with the ending, however I really like Scarlett, and will certainly continue reading her adventures. Though I must say, the authors decisions in this book sometimes annoy me...

descriptionPlot- so during the first half of the book I was confused as to where the book was going, honestly I could have done without some of it, and considering the book was on the shorter side (in my opinion...) I was disappointed more drama didnt occur. Though the drama that did occur was quite amazing! Scarlett continue to go through her phases of maturity, one minute she was mature the next she was making bad decisions, and I guess thats how the college years really do play out so I completely understand this perspective and plot point.

I liked how Scarlett allowed herself to make relationships with Max and Mina, and the development of her relationship with Mason was interesting, and reminded me of how relationships at that age always seem to move so quickly. When Ash finally entered the picture I was excited! I think the events that brought them together was rather interesting and somewhat hard to believe, but nonetheless, the end result of their union was perfect, and his reaction, ugh amazing. Its exactly why I love him. After that I started loving the book again! I loved the way things played out after that. Because communication at 20 is so different than communication at 25 or 30 and its amazing how much can be affected with the simplest of things! I know Ive had those calls, or lack thereof, and those moments, those texts, etc. where things get jumbled and I misunderstand but Im too afraid to understand the truth, emotions are so difficult to understand themselves! Needless to say, as I ramble, I am totally on-board by 50% with this book and I fell in love with the characters and the author all over again. By the end of the book though, Im wondering what just happened. I understand the plot points and the decisions that need to be made, and I even understand what Scarlett did. But I also ask myself WHY?! Which is how I know I liked the book. Ha- I know thats weird, but the truth is, because of this ending, I yearn for more, more of Scarlett, more Ash, more Mason. I am intrigued by the triangle, but annoyed and I love it!

I also enjoyed the music and references that the author makes throughout the book. While in some ways it will date the book, I dont think that in this instance it will be problematic, and adds a little something extra that readers can relate to!

Definition --Alis volat propriis - She flies with her own wings 

“Sure, relationships like that didn’t exist in the real world, at least not in my world, but that was the great thing about fictional books ~ they were meant to be an escape from reality.”










Characters--
Scarlett- What to say about sweet, sexy scarlett. One thing that annoys me is that all the guys seem to want her. But I must admit. If I looked like Scarlett I might be wanted my all men too. What I like about Scarlett is that she seems to make a decision and stick with it. Now I know some people will completely disagree with me (1 considering her ways in the first book to which I agree, and 2 the ending, okay I also agree) but generally speaking, during the particular book, she sticks to her guns on who she is going to be with, even though it did change at one point- due to circumstances...kinda. Ha. I know I dont make sense. This one is hard to judge though. The roller-coaster of emotions that she goes through is still there, and Im along for the ride, and while she makes poor decisions, she also begins to see who she is and what she needs, even if those things change over time she is starting to listen to herself. Hopefully in the next book (which I also hope is the last book) she will make up her mind...once and for all!

Photobucket
Mason
Mason- Mason let me down in a lot of ways in the book. Now Ill be honest. Im TEAM ASH all the way, so I MIGHT (okay i am) a little biased. So I will do my best to be non-biased in my review. HEHE. Mason has all the bells and whistles at first. But what I dont like, and I think everyone could agree with, is that it seems like Mason is a little unstable and completely dependent on Scarlett. Which is scary in and of itself. Since Scarletts not quite stable! The issue with Mason, is I feel like he doesnt deserve Scarlett, hes the guy you date before you find the one. And Im all for them being together for now, just not forever. Whether or not Ill get my ending is yet to be seen. Who knows what will happen in the next book! What I can appreciate with Mason is that he has always known that Scarlett is too good for him and as such, he treats her as his queen. I respect that and consider it sweet. But is it a losing battle?? Masons later battles are much worse and Im VERY happy with the outcome, and I completely understand the reason for the authors choice to do all this. Overall though I am interested in seeing where we go with Mason (and Scarlet)


description
Ash
“Aristotle once said ‘Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.’”

Ash- Ah. Ash. I love you. Okay. I absolutely love the transformation Ash went through. His patience alone is amazing. And he is so sweet and caring and sexy and I could continue. What I love most about Ash is that he doesnt try to win Scarlet back, but instead allows her to grow and become a woman on her own. He gives her space and peace, yet letting her know, if and when, he'll be there, ready, waiting and willing in every way possible. The best part of Ash and Scarlet is that their love comes from their passion, an indescribable feeling you get just by being near someone and thinking about them. Whereas I feel like with Mason, she's only with him due to the convenience and ease of the relationship. I admit, a relationship shouldnt be difficult like it was with Ash in book 1, but it shouldnt be a convenience either like Mason. But will it work with Ash, will it be easy. Who knows?! Ash has grown so much though since the last book, he's matured and he knows what he wants. He fights for Scarlet in a different way, a way thats far more respectful and beautiful and I hope that in the end they are together!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment