Sunday, July 21, 2013

Found by Stacey Wallace Benefiel

Found by  4.5 STARS

Found (Penny Black #1)Synopsis: Penny Black hasn’t had it easy. Just about everything you’d expect to happen to a harassed foster-kid turned junkie has happened to Penny. Add in the mysterious power to rewind time, conducting events around her, and it’s a wonder she held up on the streets for so many years. Now, at seventeen, the New Society has found her. Finally, Penny is where she belongs. But that doesn’t stop the visions, or the need to protect the victims shown to her.

Wyatt Adams is excited and intrigued when his sister Melody assigns him to be Penny’s Lookout. Being the youngest, and hopelessly ordinary in the family that created the New Society, has left Wyatt feeling like he has a lot to prove -- and Penny is a big deal. She’s got abilities that surpass any he’s seen before…and pretty much every quality he looks for in a girlfriend, but no one needs to know about that, especially Penny.

* I received an ARC for an honest review by NetGalley

Overall- Woah! Woah. Seriously. This book was great. I must say though, much like some of the other reviewers have mentioned I didnt read the companion trilogy before starting Found. With that I admit, I was confused by the people. But otherwise, I thought the world setting and characters were great. For those that are skeptical because of other reviews, I think what they disliked about this book may have been some of the things that were explained in the companion trilogy Zellie Trilogy. But honestly, I thought the book was awesome! Plenty of action, mystery, sci-fi tech, and romance. Admittedly though this is a shorter book, but I think its worth it. There were a few things I didnt like about the book, primarily, the spanish lingo that felt out of place. Otherwise this is a must read for any technie junkie interested in a mystery with some love. I NEED The next book now!!
a residential street
Cover: Cool
Rating: PG 13 
Overall: Entertaining Sci-fi read!
Characters: Wyatt and Penny mainly. With LOTS of other minor characters 
Page Turner: YES
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: YES
Book Boyfriend: Wyatt
Genre: Sci-Fi YA to NA 
Sex Scenes: Kind of, yes 
Setting: LA 
Read if you Liked-  The Talented Series, Unraveling, the Daynight Series or Grasping at eternity.

Sasha Jackson as Penny 
Plot --This was such a great action packed, mystery, sci fi romance for the young adult new adult generation. Like many books in this in between genre, it seems that the character will grow with the reader (in age and maturity). This book starts off with a rocketing start, and reminds me a little of final destination. (though its not gruesome and not a book about death) Instead the plot was more than I bargained for. I really enjoyed this book. It was a great afternoon read (its shorter than most new adult books at 150 pages) But if you're looking for a fun quick read this is it!

I loved the author's style of writing. Told in dual POV's I felt the author was able to give each character their own personality and maintain the integrity of the character. The only issue I had was following who was who, but the main characters were easy enough to understand. I liked that there were no dull moments. Every chapter had a purpose and it was evident that the author took care to make sure there was a point to every thing. I loved the sarcasm and the jokes, some people dont care for this humor or style, but I appreciate it. I felt that it eased some of the natural tension, that builds but isnt necessary. It also helps to explain why people dont freak out over certain issues.
I absolutely cannot wait to read the next book! There IS a cliffhanger in this book. Just when you think Penny has found her happy ending...things get a little FREAKY and I am dying to know what happens next!


Characters- I loved Penny, she was fiesty, sarcastic, witty and sexy. I can understand though why other people may comment on her level of trust and understanding, which come too quickly to her in the first few days in a new place. To be honest, I didnt really notice this, I thought the author did a good job of explaining why in the early pages. Aside from this, I felt that Penny really came into her own, she grew into a more understanding and compassionate person, fearful yes, paranoid, always. Her personality was easy to relate to and I was happy to see where she ended up, though disappointed I dont know what happens next yet!

Wyatt- Oh Wyatt, youre so cute! I liked that the guy was the shy one, unsure of himself, but open to possibilities. He gets embarrassed. So often we hear about the girl being this way, so it was somewhat refreshing to meet a confident guy who is somewhat self conscious about himself and his feelings. I think the author portrayed him pretty well, as the virgin, the down side was that it did feel odd than an 18 year old hadnt even managed to get kissed yet, for someone not bad looking thats ridiculous. LOL. Otherwise. I liked him a lot! He seemed like an actual teenager with his constant looking at female bodies and his mind inadvertantly wandering...he was funny too! In that geeky kind of way. Which I thought was sweet.

And for the next one? Maybe this is what Kai will look like??

Corbin Bleu as Kai? 



No comments:

Post a Comment