Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Brightest Kind of Darkness by PT Michelle

Brightest Kind of Darkness by PT Michelle 3.5 STARS

Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #1)synopsis Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore. After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.
Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past


Overall -- So I really enjoyed this book. It isnt my favorite, but I certainly enjoyed it far more than I thought I would and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I think its a good paranormal young adult romance. It has a great balance of all of those things and I think thats important in the young adult genre. Its interesting and I look forward to learning more about Nara's dreams and Ethan and Naras history!

Cover: Pretty 
Rating: PG
Overall: Intriguing
Characters: Nara and Ethan 
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Ethan
Genre: Paranormal Young adult 
Sex Scenes: Nope
Setting: High School in VA

Plot--I found the plot really interesting and different. It wasnt a book just about dreams, it wasnt just about a romance, it has an epic like romance, similar to what Twilight was for the vampire community. This book is unique, different and possess a somewhat realistic quality. At times it felt too juvenile for me, but nonetheless I think the plot was truly interesting. I liked the way everything weaved together, but the plot did get a little long winded, and stagnant every once in a while. This is a good book for a younger generation, personally there wasnt enough action or romance, and the intrigue wasnt entertaining enough to keep my attention at all times. However, given that, and the age range, it was still a good enough book for me to follow up. I like Ethan and Naras romance and I have unanswered questions that I want to learn more about.
Ethan Logan Lerhman

Characters-- Ethan, his mystery is intriguing and interesting, his character is charming, he seems like such a sweet and nice guy but that he is hiding something from everyone. I like that his romance with Nara develops over time and they develop a friendship, an understanding and then a connection, one that was already deep but is then forged with love. There are so many questions though left open about Ethan that I need to read the next book to figure it all out to learn more!

Nara- Nara seems more simplistic, easy to understand from this side of the book. She has mystery surrounding her and continues to search for answers which is what drives me to continue reading. Her character develops but differently than what is expected in a book. Its slower and a bit more methodical than usual. I like that she takes a chance on Ethan though, and goes down a rabbit hole out of curiosity and begins to investigate into herself, her past her futures etc. But Im left with more curiosity and I still want to learn more.







No comments:

Post a Comment