Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fighting For Infinity

Fighting for Infinity by Karen Amanda Hooper (Final Book in Trilogy) - 4.5 STARS 

SynopsisEvery moment, every lifetime, every decision—including her choice to erase—has led Maryah to this. 
Two outcomes are possible: an infinite happy-ever-after with her kindrily or the final severing of her relationship with Nathan. 
Closer to the enemy than ever before, Maryah unravels the diabolical plan that Dedrick has been manipulating into place for centuries. Revelations, secrets, and lies surface faster than Maryah can process. She doesn’t know who to trust, what to believe, or how to save her loved ones from the desolate future Dedrick is so close to executing. 
Guided by an enigmatic raven-haired prisoner, Maryah fights body and soul to save Nathan, her kindrily, and countless others. But is her love strong enough to alter a prophecy written in the stars?
*Netgalley provided a complimentary copy for an honest review

Overall: Action and Adventure with lots of paranormal 
Characters:  Maryiah, Nathan, Rina, Carson, Krista, etc.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? No
Book Boyfriend: Nathan
Genre: Paranormal Adventure 
Sex Scenes: No
Setting Arizona and somewhere unknown 

Overall-
Holy Wow! I freaking LOVED this book. This installment was action packed, intense, and rampant with questions, and answers to something bigger than I could have ever guessed! To be honest, I did not love book 2 of the series. I truly felt that book 1 and 2 could have been merged and that 2 wasn't really necessary, at all. That said, after reading the cliff hanger, I was dying to read book 3.  And boy was I thankful for that cliff hanger. After that I couldn't NOT read the last book (at least regarding this story line.) And the third book did not disappoint. I absolutely loved it. From the very beginning I was enthralled. I devoured this novel, with rapt attention. The story line picked up, all the pieces started fitting together. I loved how even the smallest of pieces, things that seemed trivial had meaning and a place at the end. I was truly surprised by a lot of the twists and turns. 

One of the great things about this book is that from the moment you start reading it, there is constant motion, and movement within the story line. Its not even that there is never a "dull" moment, but every moment has purpose which really comes to fruition through out this book. Each chapter we have new important information. I honestly, could not read fast enough! 

I loved that there was action, there was adventure, but the general "movement" of the plot didnt always need literal action, instead it was sometimes just facts that kept me intrigued and my interest piqued. Every second was enjoyable. 

There is a HEA here, with the option to continue, whether its with Maryiah or another character, there is plenty of potential, and unlike some books that have a sub story line, these characters have all impacted the main story of Maryiah and Nathan so much, that each character would make for a great standalone. (Especially Krista and Carson, or Dylan and Rina). 

Characters-
I really enjoyed this particular installment more than any of the others. This book was deep, personal, and held tons of actions.

While I was a little annoyed at the lack of action and direction of the characters from Book 2, that was definitely not the case in book 3. I was really surprised by how deep Maryiah gets and how emotional Nathan's storyline with her goes. I felt truly connected to them by the end of the book. 

I also loved loved loved getting to know some of the other characters, like Rina, and Krista and Carson. These characters all touched me in different ways for different reasons. At first I was weary of Rina, I didnt know what to think, how to feel about her, and her connection but by the end of the book, I found myself really falling for her story and connected to her emotional turmoil. 
Krista and Carson are by far one of my favorite couples of all time. The author did a really amazing job of showing how different couples cope and love one another, which is most certainly appreciated. 

What I didnt Like-
There isn't much to say on this point. But I was disappointed with the lack of explanation during Maryiah's learning experience. I felt like the entire book was leading up to that point (and the ending) but then there was hardly any explanation on how she learned to harness power.

No comments:

Post a Comment