Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Asylum


Asylum by KA Tucker (Book 2) 4 STARS

Asylum (Causal Enchantment, #2)Synopsis
Tucked away in Sofie's wintery asylum with no hope of release for years, Evangeline must come to terms with her situation: the curse still plagues her, she's now hunted by a 
two thousand-year-old vampire, and the guy she's in love with tried to kill her. 
Plus, she's locked up with a cranky Max and the Forero kids—two people everyone 
seems to prefer dead over alive. Things aren't looking good.
Meanwhile, back in Manhattan, Sofie struggles to keep forty trapped and bloodthirsty Ratheus vampires at bay and a desperate Viggo from killing Evangeline's friends, all 
while hints stir outside the walls of the NYC vampire asylum of a war brewing 
between the Sentinel and the witches. 
Is there any hope for Evangeline and Caden? Can Sofie control the rival powers? Is the fate of 
Earth predestined? 
Mountainside House

Cover- Attractive
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes (2 of 4)
Recommend if You Like...
Book Boyfriend: Caden and maybe Julian
Genre: Paranormal New Adult 
Sex Scenes:Nope
Setting - New York City, A mountain, and an island in South America

Overall-

New York Mansion
After devouring book 1 I moved on to Book 2. I couldn't resist, I HAD to know what happened! I was not disappointed (other than it ended) This book ended with a little more finality than Book 1 though, which made me feel better, because I could devour this without forcing myself to get the next one immediately. If you liked Book 1 you will surely like this one. It picks up RIGHT where we left off, but in case you don't read them back to back KA Tucker does a good job of reminding you about the events from Book 1 without throwing them back at you. (Thank you.)

This book follows the same characters on a continued adventure, and is told is dual perspectives, Sofie and Evangeline. I wasn't sure I was going to like hearing Sofies side, I wasn't sure I liked her or not. But after reading this I love her. She is quite the genius. I feel bad for her, and I understand her so much more after hearing from her and what she is going through all in an effort to protect those she loves. In this book, we follow Sofie as she struggles with the vampires stuck in New York, while Julian and Evangeline are stuck on a mountain top somewhere unknown.

Ben Barnes as Julian
I am surprised that nothing more transpired between Julian and Evangeline, but was pleasantly surprised by the secret she learns about Julian. By the end of the book, I understand his role, and why no triangle was created, which I appreciate (thank you).

This book, much like Book 1 really took me by surprise. I was expecting it this time, but still I was thrown into this world and couldn't come up for air until I was done. I fell in love with these characters and their world, never wanting to leave.

I was really worried when I started the book, thinking how is this going to work, more has to happen, and in the first few chapters I was worried that the plot would develop but wouldn't really go anywhere, and BOY was I WRONG!

I had a lot of fun traipsing around with Sofie with her dirty secrets and spells, while getting to know her, and yet at the same time, relaxing with Julian and Evangeline while they figure out whats going on around them and learning all about one another. Life doesn't go to well for any of these characters and everyone is eventually betrayed, proving nothing ever goes as planned.

But in the end, everything turns out how it should, er, kind of. I mean it all turns out acceptable ;-)

I love Evangeline's sweet and loving yet fiery personality. She is so caring and loving, and it really shows in all of her actions. At the same time its still very clear that she is naive and a little too trusting, Im glad she didn't lose all of that so easily though. I appreciate that she is changing without it being too drastic. I love her and Caden and hope that their love story finally works.
I even love Sofie and hope that she finds love with someone, even if its not what I think. As for Julian Im undecided on him as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment