Saturday, April 12, 2014

Forever too Far By Abbi Glines

Forever too Far by Abbi Glines (Too Far Series #3) 3 STARS

Forever Too Far (Too Far, #3; Rosemary Beach, #4)Synopsis
Rush promised her forever... but promises can be broken.
Torn between his love for his family and his love for Blaire, Rush has to find a way to save one without losing the other. In the end one has to be more important. Letting go isn’t easy.
Blaire believed in her fairytale... but no one can live in a fantasy.
Her love for Rush and desire to have a family keep her believing that they can find a way for this to work. Until she has to make the right decision for her and the baby. Even if it breaks her heart.
Can they find the forever that they both want or has it all just gone... too far



perfectly too farOverall-
This was my least favorite of the series, mainly because of the things I didnt like, than the things  did. It felt more forced than it did a true final book and that was disappointing. But I loved Blair and Rush's love story and the conclusion of that, and their HEA. And admittedly, because Della and Woods' relationship is given away in this book, Im not as inclined as I would have been without, to read their story. Though I am interested in reading about Harlow. I liked her, and would like to see more of her. But really the middle of this book made it worthwhile, I LOVED seeing Blair happy and getting her perfect family with Abe and Captain.

Since this is the third book in the series, Im not going to go into the plot and characters as much this time since Ive already done that in the other two posts, and because this is a continuation of the other books though I will do quick ones of new characters, specifically Grant, Della, Woods Nanette and Harlow.

Cover
Rating: PG 13 
Overall: Pretty good
Characters:  Rush, Blair, Nanette, Harlow, Grant 
Page Turner: No
Series Cont.? Yes. 
Book Boyfriend: Rush 
Genre: New Adult 
Sex Scenes: Yes
Setting California and Florida 


What I didnt like- 
photo f70193c1-1cc5-4887-8965-85601efa25ea_zps7ee6e160.jpgPersonally, I felt like this beginning and end of this book were boring and not necessary. In fact I felt like this book was only dont because fans wanted another and it wasnt planned. And While I still love Blair and Rush, I was annoyed with some of the plot surrounding them.

So the last third of the book was all about these other characters, introductions and crossings.

For instance the nanette drama got old real fast in Book 1 AND Book 2. She is not a good character and in all honesty, I think its part of the reason the book never got a 5 from me, her drama seemed so out of place most of the time. I got it in he first book, but I REALLY wish she could have come around by now, I wanted to see her with Grant and to be happy.

Then I felt like the author added POVs and characters (Woods and Grant) (And Harlow and Della) just so she could do the spin offs. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE woods. I want him as my own. But I basically already know what happens, and I would have preferred to have just read his book and not had this portion of the book.
nick zano - fallen too far
Then the Grant/Harlow/Nan drama- honestly, I feel bad for nanette, it seems like she gets the shit end of all the deals...and that really sucks. I am disappointed. I almost would have preferred it differently. Now while I like Grant, adding Harlow seemed like more trouble than its worth.

Also odd, Rush's mother is not in the book at all. I know she is supposed to not care, but not being in the book at all, to try to show off her new grandson even, felt weird and unusual.

The first third of the book- I didnt really like the drama at the LA house. I didnt understand why Nanette just couldnt get her shit together. Quite frankly this should have been Nanette, Rush and Blairs book and she should have gotten help and then come be a good sister to Rush. I wanted more for her and the author made her to be a bad guy over and over again. I also didnt like Kiro, and HATED reading all scenes with him in it. He disgusted me, which was the point yes, but I could have done without.
fallen too far - Google Search
Grant

What made the book great though, was the middle of the book. Where Blair and Rush finally make everything perfect. They have the baby and get married (dont think Im spoiling much here) And thats really what made the book get 3 stars was their role in it. Generally speaking though this book disappointed me. I had hoped Nanette would grow more, and that the plot wouldnt feel so....unnecessary. But I loved Rush with the baby!!! Eeek. And the sensual scenes in this book were quite intense. So their relationship made it worth the read.

Harlow-Aw Harlow, I like her but feel like I didnt really get to know her. In fact there were times where I felt like her placement (and others) were simply there to generate storylines for the future for those characters...which I didnt appreciate. But regardless Im looking forward to the story of her and possibly Grant...

Grant-I liked Grant and I would really like to get know him better, and will definitely be reading his stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment