Monday, March 17, 2014

RockStar Trilogy by Mercy Amare

RockStar Trilogy by Mercy Amare - 3.5 STAR (Overall) 

Jaded Book 1 - 4 STARS 

Jaded (Rock Star, #1)SynopsisI'm Scarlett Ryan.
Yes, THAT Scarlett Ryan.
I live an extraordinary life: millionaire rock star, owner of exotic cars, pictures of me in every magazine, millions of fans, and a name that is recognized world wide. It's supposed to be my dream come true. But, my life IS a fantasy, and I want real. I want exciting. I want... NORMAL. So, I moved from California to Florida, hoping to obtain some normalcy. Instead I find...
Stephan Montgomery.
He's an arrogant jerk. Seriously, I hate him. I swear if he tells me one more blonde joke, I will punch him... again... Unfortunately I can't stop thinking about him, or his gorgeous green eyes. Trust me, I know that he's bad for me. If only my heart would listen.
I also find out that my parents have kept a LIFE CHANGING secret from me. I need to know the truth.
The harder I strive for normal, the stranger things seem to get.

Faded (Rock Star, #2)Faded Book 2- 3.5 STARS

Synopsis--I left Hope – the only place I’ve ever felt at home. So now what? Where do I go from here?
When I left, I didn’t just leave my home. I left my friends, my sisters, and Stephan… I just found them. I can’t lose them now.
I know that I want to do MY music. I need to remember WHY I wanted to play music in the first place. And the only way to get that is by firing my dad, but that may be harder than I thought. 
On top of everything, I now have cameras following me around everywhere. Even my own home isn’t safe anymore. 
I’ve come to realize that normal will never be an option for me.

Hated Book 3 - 3 STARS 

Hated (Rock Star, #3)Synopsis (This synopsis has been revised so not to give anything away)
Everything in my life is perfect... But the problem with perfection is that eventually everything falls apart. And my whole life is crumbling around me — piece by piece. 
I am just trying to get through the next few months with my sanity intact, but that seems like an impossible feat...
I thought I knew the truth about everything, but I was wrong. Secrets that weren’t supposed to come out are now being discovered. Secrets about my biological father… Even Bridgett is keeping a secret… Something big. I have to know what, even if it means running away again.
I tried for normal — now I know that there is nothing normal about being a rock star

* Since these books were fairly "short", and all out, instead of doing three reviews, Im doing one larger one. I will not post ANY spoilers, aside from informing you that the characters introduced in book 1 remain throughout.

rock star trilogy scarlett -Overall-
I really enjoyed this series a lot. It was not one of those series' where I am a die hard fan and MUST read the next, but this kept me intrigued and entertained. Each book is a fairly easy and quick read. They all follow Scarlett a pop-rock starlett. Scarlett, in an attempt to escape her chaotic and frustrating life leaves hollywood and heads to florida for some personal time off, to finish high school on her own terms. But when she gets there, its not as easy as she thought it would be to find some friends and stay out of the news. All three books follow Scarlett and her ups and downs after her big move to Florida. What happens is a bit more than she bargained for, but is a fun ride with new friends, new love, a new family and a new album!


I actually really loved Books 1 and 2, but I was not happy with the ending of Book 3, the ending needed to be rounded out a bit more considering the other two books. I loved Stephen and Ethan, they were quite the duo! Scarlett had a bit of a crazy personality. It took me a while to really get invested into her and the book to be honest. But the more I read the more interested I became. And soon enough I found myself really liking the book and its characters. Scarlett was back and forth on so many things, and I was little annoyed with the family surprise, because it seemed all a little too easy and obvious.

ethan rock star trilogy
Ethan 
The books themselves tend to be pretty upbeat, in my opinion, with some hard life choices, decisions and problems thrown in there but nothing life shattering (life altering maybe). It reminded me of Fallen Too Far at times with a lot of family drama, but in the end the series was truly enjoyable. I recommend it for anyone looking a for a quick series that isnt a downer. There are a few areas where the book becomes very serious, and unfortunately for me, in those situations, the outcome  was a little too easy and a little too out there.

Admittedly, there were definitely times where I was annoyed or frustrated with the books. At times, things went too far (The bickering between Alex and her sister went too far) and there were times that I was happy we didnt have to wait for the other shoe to drop (the bomb about marriage) Rather, these books focused on how the characters dealt with the issues rather than hiding the issues and dealing with the fall out and I appreciate that. I dont always want to live in the dark, waiting for the OMG moment to come.

The writing style isnt anything glamorous, remember this is a pretty easy and quick read, so its nothing over the top and fancy. I found myself falling into the world fairly easily though because of the genre which is typically plastered all over the place anyway. (the pop world) Overall It was good read but nothing overly special

FINAL VERDICT- FUN EASY READ 




No comments:

Post a Comment