Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Fallen too Far by Abbi Glines

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines (Too Far Series #1) 3.5 STARS

Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1; Rosemary Beach, #1)Synopsis
She is only nineteen.
She is his new stepfather’s daughter. 
She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother. 
But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.
Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…
Blaire just may have fallen too far
Love the passion;)
Overall: Generally speaking I enjoyed reading the book; I really really loved Blair though and she is actually what initially kept me interested in the book. At first, I didnt like Rush, but by the end of the book I was totally infatuated with him too. I was blown away with the ending. Im glad I didnt have to wait because I couldnt believe that the book just ended the way it did, and while not a complete cliffhanger, it still left me wondering WTF?? I immediately began reading the next book, and I was not disappointed. By the end of the book I was in loved with the characters, their interaction with one another and the story line had just intensified and really heated up. I was hooked. So, I did like the book, it was interesting and the characters were appealing, with Blair and Bethy being so incredibly relatable. If you can over look the minor grammar and spelling errors and looking for a sexy romance series with a HEA then this is for you!

Fallen Too Far (Too Far #1) by Abbi Glines   Review: http://smittensbookblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/fallen-too-far-too-far-1-by-abbi-glines/
Overall: Good 
Characters:  Blair, Rush, Bethy
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Book Boyfriend: Rush
Genre: New Adult 
Sex Scenes: Yes
Setting - Florida

Plot: I was somewhat confused by the whole "secret" everyone kept referring to, and am surprised it didnt come out sooner, but it was one that I could accept and seemed well thought out. I was also surprised with the turn of events, I didnt expect things to turn the way they did at the end with Blar and Rush, no part of it! I was so intrigued by this damn secret and how the relationships Blair was making would turn out I couldnt stop reading. And I was not disappointed. This book was sexy, even dirty at times, and it only gets worse over the course of the books! (in a good way). The pace of this novel moves quite nicely, not too slow or too quickly, but as a reader the book seems over way too soon! :-)
 photo f70193c1-1cc5-4887-8965-85601efa25ea_zps7ee6e160.jpg
Characters:
Blair- Right off the bat I loved Blair. She is by far one of the best characters Ive read in a while. She is sexy, fierce, a lover, a fighter, and I loved her tenacity and her perseverance. I truly loved following her story and learning more about her. I was saddened for her when bad things happened and I wanted so much more for her! But I was so amazed by her ability to move pass all the dfficult things life threw at her. It was quite nice to read. She continued to remain positive and move forward, never giving up on what she wanted and that was most fun to read as it didnt seem out of place, out of character or unattainable or unrealistic. I was a little weirded out with her initial relationship and thoughts of Rush. And that even after seeing Rush having sex with other women she was willing to throw herself at him, it didnt seem to fit her personality. I admit I kept wanting Blair to get involved with the other guys like Woods or Grant. But in the end Im glad with the way things worked out!

nick zano - fallen too far
Nick Zano
Rush --Im not so sure I liked Rush in this book so much. I found his character to be so mean to Blair, especially in the beginning (even though now I somewhat understand why he was like that.) By the end of the book, I did like him more....but I was unsure of whether I really liked him, but I knew I wanted Blair happy. I do think he is a sexy guy, with a lot of experience, and it was interesting to watch him as his world became more about Blair. From a guy who had never remained faithful to one girl to finding the girl, and how he balanced that and reacted was definitely interesting. Even though cheating isnt involved in this book, I found his emotional issues interesting.

Bethy- I liked Bethy, even though she was a little slutty, she was funny and quite the catch! I liked that she was immediately drawn to Blair to be her friend! And they seemed to get a long really well. Bethy also worked because Blair needed a strong female friend that was not awkwardly placed throughout the book and in this series she fit in perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment