Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Human by Keary Taylor

The Human (Eden#2) Keary Taylor 4.5 Stars



Overview- 
* I was fortunate enough to get an ARC copy of The Human (THANK YOU! Keary Taylor!)  I must admit I was hesitant when I found out about this book becoming a trilogy but I was excited. I loved Eden. But at the same time, I was curious as to how the book would continue, where would the author take it? But Keary Taylor did not disappoint whatsoever, as if she could! I loved this book. I was dying to find time to read it!! Work got in the way :-) This was a great book about discovery and trust, growth and love. It had just enough action, mystery, intrigue and love to keep me going and now I am dying to finish off the series. 6 months is too long to wait! 




Cover: Intriguing

Rating: PG
Overall: Awesome!
Characters: West, Avian, Royce, Eve
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: YES
Book Boyfriend: Avian
Genre: Sci-fi Post Apocalyptic 
Sex Scenes: Nope
Setting: West Coast

Synopsis-- The city of New Eden is cleared, but it won’t stay that way forever. The Bane continue to advance in horrific ways that will wipe humanity from the face of the Earth. A storm is coming, one none of them could have dared imagine. 
When a group of outsiders come to the city, everyone is on edge. They have too many questions and not enough answers about where they are from or what they want. Just because they are human doesn’t mean they can be trusted.
Eve made a choice–one that could have deadly repercussions. Desperate hearts bring about desperate actions. Now she must make another decision as her world continues to crumble: come to terms with who she really is, or risk her sanity. She thought she had unlocked all the secrets from her past, but there are truths still buried that leave her questioning what is real and what is not.


Plot-- So this book picks up a few months after the Pulse went off and I was anxious to find out where this book was going to.  At first things were a little slow, and Ill be honest, Im still a little confused by the last few chapters, Im going to have to re-read some of the sections. Overall though I was pleastantly surprised with the twists and turns that were occuring. I was able to "figure" out a few of these twists but still needed more information, and still do. I cant wait for the next book, to find out how her new-found abilities will assist in helping to save the world. I love Eves willingness to go in and fight!


I also think the ending was great, but Im disappointed that the next installment wont be out for a long while. I dont like that! I love the developments though that have occurred. Finding out more about Eve's past, and who that reflects onto her relationship with West. Although I wish we would have met or learned more about what happened in the past, I expect the next book will cover that more. I also like the development with Avian. It feels a little more normal and more of a relationship this time. Although I didnt care for what happened with Avian towards the end, I thought it was unnecessary, the book didnt need the drama, but so long as it doesnt affect the ending or his relationship with Eve, then I am okay with it.


Eve
Characters --I loved the dynamic between Eve and West, and Eve and Avian. I wish there were a few more strong female leads, because it is riddled with men. The only other female character is Margaret and she is less than polite. Im a little surprised with Eve's reaction to West, and his betrayal, but understandably given their past it makes sense, and considering her history with him.

West 
I love that Eve's character continues to adjust and grow but also doesnt lose sight of the bigger picture and remains strong throughout. She takes in her new abilities and shines, and even preserves through everything. I like that she befriends Tristan, although its another guy, her compassion, empathy and desire to make the world safer is truly admirable. Her strength to never give up is also something I can appreciate.

Avian
Im not a West fan, I dont love him. And now I know why. His role in the book finally starts coming together. Im a little confused by some of the behavior because it doesnt make a whole lot of sense, but Im hoping it will be okay based on the next book. Hopefully it will be explained. I think what he did to Eve is unforgiveable regardless of the past and he continues to mess up things, so I hope she doesnt forgive him.

As for Avian, as I said above, Im not a fan of the drama that occured with West and Avian, I understand the love triangle and thats okay, I dont mind it, but I dont like the last piece of drama. And for Avians age he acts pretty immature at times. But I do love how he cares for Eve, his love for her is amazing and beautiful, and its so obvious that they belong together.






No comments:

Post a Comment