Sunday, April 14, 2013

Unbroken Cedar Cove by Melody Grace


Unbroken (Cedar Cove, #1)

Unbroken (Cedar Cove) By Melody Grace 5 Stars

"Mom always told me there are two kinds of love in this world: the steady breeze, and the hurricane. Emerson Ray was my hurricane...."

Overall ReviewI Absolutely loved this book. I cannot describe it. This book is for anyone who has ever been consumed by love and wanted a second chance at that love story. I never cease to be amazed to how an author can draw me in and keep in on the edge of my seat, simply hooked by the chemistry she has created with her characters and the passion infused in her writing. 

Goodread Synopsis
Juliet McKenzie was an innocent eighteen-year old when she spent the summer in Cedar Cove—and fell head over heels in love with Emerson. Complicated, intense Emerson, the local bad boy. His blue eyes hid dark secrets, and just one touch could set Juliet ablaze. Their love was demanding and all-consuming, but when summer ended, tragedy tore them apart. Juliet swore she’d never go back, and she’s kept that promise… Until now.

Four years later, Juliet’s done her best to rebuild the wreckage of her shattered life. She’s got a great boyfriend, and a steady job planned after she graduates. Returning to Cedar Cove to pack up her family’s beach house to prepare it for sale, Juliet is determined that nothing will stand in the way of her future. But one look from Emerson, and all her old desire comes flooding back. He let her go once, but this time, he’s not giving up without a fight. And Emerson fights dirty. A heartbreaking history. An unstoppable passion. Torn between her past and future, Juliet struggles to separate love from desire


My Jules
Emerson

Cover: Sexy
Rating: R 
Overall: LOVED THIS BOOK!
Characters: 
Plot: Intense, Sexy, Alluring 
Page Turner: 
Series Cont.? No
Recommend: YES!!!
Book Boyfriend: Emerson
Genre: New Adult Romance Novel
Sex Scenes: Yes
Setting: North Carolina Beach

Plot- Wow. This book was intense. I could not put this book down. To be honest, the characters are really what drove this book forward more than anything else, I was interested in knowing what happened to my characters. This book is about a young woman in college going back to the beach town where her mom died to pack up the beach house to be sold but along with going back, she begins to relive her memories from that fateful summer and all the feelings that she left behind four years ago. 

The plot is nothing new or different. Generally speaking its not anything different in the plot. Whats great though is the way that the author writes this novel is exisquite. I loved going through the story with the characters. Every emotion was raw, genuine and I felt every single moment that I was reading this book. As I read the book I became invested and inspired and thats the kind of book that invigorates me and keeps me interested. I think the authors writing abilities and style was perfect and well suited for this type of novel. I didnt feel as though there were pieces of information missing, instead the story played out, filling in the holes I didnt always know where there. For instance, the way her mom died. Its painfully obvious that her mothers death affects her, but the author doesnt make you recognize the impact until later in the book, when so much more of the death is explained. 

The book moved at a natural speed too, not to slow not too fast and considering the history all the characters had, the events made sense as they occurred. To be honest I havent loved a book this much since Beautiful Disaster and Thoughtless. Unbroken, broke me, I was touched to the core as to the love and passion and the beautifully written words of the author. She did a fabulous job of expressing love and passion into print and making the reader feel every word of it. I am in awe. LOVED this book.

Characters-- 
I absolutely love Emerson. I love him. I want him as my own. He is so sexy and beautiful and sweet and caring. And even though he's mean he has his reasons (what guy doesnt!) When I first met Emerson I wasnt sure what to think, and as I continued reading I realized that he isnt a bad guy but he has some secrets, though it was never clear what those were (until the end of course) regardless he made you fall for him because of how Jules sees him, how her heart aches for him. I think for anyone who has ever loved so passionate, like a hurricane, then you understand that love never dies. The love that Emerson and Jules shared was so amazing too, because it was raw, it was passionate it was ever changing to the core of the person. 


Daniel is a great guy, he means well and he obviously loves Jules, though I admit, from the beginning though that as the reader you love Emerson, because you can tell Jules' heart still loves him. But I totally understand Daniel, hes the sensible guy, and just as the beginning quote says theres a hurricane and a steady breeze....I liked Daniels character,  I think anyone with a broken heart understand this one. 

Juliet- I LOVED Juliet. I didnt like that she was a little whiny, but I think thats part of what made her real. Truth be told, most girls that age are unsure of themselves at time or self conscious or miss that one person that made them truly feel alive and I think that she was actually brave at times. I think her actions made sense though, maybe they were rash and maybe they were emotional and crazy but they were real and honest and thats what makes a characters relate-able and genuine. Someone I connect with, makes me more invested in the book and more interested in the outcome. 
 photo Unbrokenrainkiss3_zps2ca7d7c7.gif
At the end of the book though, I admit, I did not expect the turn of events. The passion that the characters have is quite amazing. It was like beautiful and magical and made my heart ache in a way that made me happy for everyone involved. 



No comments:

Post a Comment