Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Thoughtless by SC Stephens


Thoughtless by SC Stephens 4.5 Stars

GoodReads Synopsis: For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.
Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.


Cover: Pretty
Rating: R 
Characters: Denny, Kiera and Kellan
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend:  YES
Book Boyfriend: Kellan and Denny 
Genre: New Adult Romance 
Sex Scenes: Yes
Setting: College in Seattle area 





Review Overview- I really loved this book. It was recommended to me after I read Beautiful Disaster. And I could not put this book down,it was fantastic. It was a roller coaster of emotions and a beautifully written novel. I fell in love with all of the characters. The ability of the author to get her readers to attached and involved in the story line and characters, her attention to detail amazes me. I felt every emotion the characters felt, and the end result was perfect. This is a must READ!!!

This was an emotional and drama filled novel, a love triangle, a rock god, a down to earth girl and an Australian hunk! I thought that the love triangle was not over the top, and developed over time. 

I admit that Kiera, the main girl, is somewhat immature and annoying at times, however she is supposed to be that insecure girl, who is not sure of who she is yet, and is becoming her own person, and more confident.  This is part of what makes Kiera so natural, raw, sincere, believable  I want to read more because her emotions, and thought are what a normal girl would be feeling and thinking. As Kiera gets to know Kellan and falls in love with him, I find myself thinking damn, how is Kiera going to pick and dont think I could have done it. The guys are so wonderful I was concerned with how the author might end it. But I think, SC Stephens did an amazing job of perfecting the ending to make it more realistic. 


Denny is Kiera's boyfriend, and its no wonder Kiera fell for him, he is amazing. He is genuinely a good guy. He is down to earth caring, loving, sweet, and kind hearted. I love that we get to know Kiera and Denny's relationship before the drama ensues. I think what Denny and Kiera have though is explained so well by the author, and I dont want to give it away but its an honest depiction of emotions for someone you love and truly care about. Unfortunately in this novel, things dont always pan out the way its planned and Denny is out of the picture for a while, leaving Kellan and Kiera to get to know one another, and no one ever thought theyd fall in love...



Kellan is a man of mystery and sex appeal. He is every womans dream when it comes to looks, but a complete womanzier. He comes from a broken home, and doesnt really want to fall in love. The reality is that he doesnt want to get hurt, which is why he has always steered clear of relationships, but when he meets Kiera, his best friends girl, he begins a friendship which ultimately leads him to have feelings for the one girl he cant have. As the reader, from Kiera's perspective, Kellan is a great guy but uses women, and its easy to see why Kiera falls for him.



Add caption
As they begin to get to know each other and fall in love, the reader begins to see that Kellan is much deeper than he appears and that they have a connection like none other. But both parties know that they arent supposed to be together. Their feelings are wrong. What makes this plot good is that the love builds over time, and that they dont jump into bed because of it. Instead they become friends and fall in love. And recognize over time that their relationship is beyond a true friendship, which is where things get messy. 




Add caption
Overall I love the characters in the book. I think they develop throughout the novel. Leaving the reader to fall more in love with each of them as we get to know them.

The book starts off a little slow, but its in a purposeful way, and it doesnt truly feel that its moving slowly. The only thing for me was that I struggled with the beginning because I knew something was coming, so be patient its worth it! Over the course of the book, the reader not only gets to know the characters but the plot continues to develop. Instead of everything happening all at once, the story builds, moving forward with every thing has a purpose. SC Stephens writing abilities amazed me, she wove together this beautiful yet saddening story. A love triangle is hard to do tastefully, but I think it was well written in this particular novel. I was amazed as to how much I liked this book and it started my downfall in the new adult romance world!


No comments:

Post a Comment